People should know that this type of food has a very dense nutritional value in its composition, offers a large number of beneficial elements for health (antioxidant vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, fiber, phytonutrients, etc.) and few calories. Therefore, their inclusion in the diet can be a success. Many nutritious foods are not found in our country, but our more traditional diet also includes some precious stones.
In this article I will tell you 5 common super foods and the 5 newest ones, so that you can combine them as you like. To know the traditional super foods, some of them we use every day to prepare our dishes:
- Extra virgin olive oil. Specialists call this oil “liquid gold” because it is considered a full-fledged superfood. Its composition contains many antioxidants, reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and prevents cardiovascular disease. To cook, to dress salads, on toast, for breakfast …
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and lycopene. It is anticancer (prevents lung and prostate cancer) and protects against cardiovascular disease. A good tomato salad in a tasty natural medicine.
- Cocoa. People need to know that the purer it is, the more antioxidants it contains and the more benefits it offers. Doctors say that it is very good for the heart and central nervous system. In addition, its flavonoids protect against high blood pressure. It is high in magnesium and calcium and helps produce serotonin. A source of health … and pleasure!
- Garlic. Everyone knows that this is one of the best foods. It should not be on the table of any man, because it has antibacterial properties, is a diuretic and helps reduce bad cholesterol. Contains fiber, manganese, vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, etc. It is a powerful antioxidant and is effective in preventing Alzheimer’s and dementia. In addition, it helps protect against cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer.
- Citrus. Due to its high content of vitamin C, citrus helps us a lot to improve and protect our immune system. Their ability to protect us from the cold has always been known, so it is a good idea to consume them daily in autumn and winter. In addition, citrus fruits contain minerals and fiber and … They are delicious!