As you already know, clay is one of the most used ingredients for cleansing and purifying the skin. Clay masks have been used since time immemorial, and their use is spreading every day due to their proven effectiveness.
Even though experts say that they can be used on any skin type, the truth is that they are completely effective on oily skin, especially for those prone to acne and blackheads.
If you do not have time to make these masks at home, you can buy ready-made ones directly from stores or on the Internet. We can also make thousands of variations, simply changing the type of oil to be used, the type of clay, even preparing them with infusions of different plants instead of water.
Clay masks are made according to the following steps:
- I recommend people to avoid metal containers or utensils. The water you use must be distilled or purified, never from the tap.
- Mix water and clay to form an even paste (for the face, a tablespoon is enough).
- After all this, you need to put a few drops of suitable essential oil.
- With the face removed and clean, apply the mixture (clay mask). The eye area should be avoided.
- Apply a cotton ball moistened with rose, purple or eye water over the eyes, close your eyes and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the mask with water. After all, this, moisturize and nourish your skin with your favorite essential oil or cream.
- Applying these masks should be done once a week to take effect. You can also apply once every 2 weeks, depending on each case.