I believe that most people know that nutrition is one of the main pillars of our health. Through food we gain energy and nutrients in the form of micronutrients or macronutrients that help us repair and make the body function properly along with all its functions.
Many pathologies are derived from the diet that we believe contributes to our body. Among them we find metabolic pathologies and cancerous tumors.
Experts say that nutrition and intellectual performance go hand in hand. People need to keep in mind that it is very important for our brain to function perfectly to provide it with all the nutrients it needs and to lead a healthier lifestyle.
In this article I will give you some myths, which have an intellectual and cerebral influence and therefore can improve intellectual performance:
- First of all, B vitamins. Their lack can lead to nutritional dementia.
- To prevent the oxidation of fat in the brain, I recommend consuming vitamin E. With its help you will be able to prevent atherosclerosis and premature aging.
- Vitamin C: Antioxidant, anti-stress and cerebral vascular protector.
- Magnesium: a mineral that performs several metabolic functions in the body; antistress, vascular protector, spasmolytic, natural calcium homologue. When calcium enters neurons in the brain, through calcium channels, in excessive amounts, it can damage and destroy them.
- People need to know that omega 6 plays a very important role in chronic inflammation of the brain, which can eventually lead to neurodegenerative disorders.
- Omega 3: Helps maintain soft and flexible membranes of brain cells and contributes to the proper preservation and functioning of this organ.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine: (present in meat, soy and avocado) Improves memory and cerebral circulation, as well as mental functioning.
In this article I will tell you some foods that can damage your memory. These are:
- People need to know that predatory fish, if consumed in larger quantities negatively affect the brain due to its high mercury content. Tone or Panga.
- Another very important tip is that people should avoid sugar. It damages memory and reduces the ability to participate and learn. In addition, of all the cardiovascular problems and obesity between
- Transgenic fats: Fats transmitted from liquids or solids increase the ability to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at the same time, altering cognitive abilities. Butter or shortbread.
- Researchers show that consuming more than 9 servings of tofu a week can cause memory problems.
- And last but not least, processed or ultra-processed foods: This type of food contains an additive called monosodium glutamate that harms the mental abilities of human beings.
In addition to a good diet to improve intellectual performance, we can also use, if necessary, some plants that can help us:
- Ginkgo Bilova: Antioxidant plant that improves oxygenation, circulation and brain metabolism.
- Salvia: The plant on which English investigations have concluded that it improves memory because it inhibits the effects of the destructive enzyme Acetylcholine (brain neurotransmitter); Acetylcholinesterase.
- Chinese wood moss: It is also a plant known for its memory-enhancing effects. The medicinal plant that treats the early stages of the most common dementia in the elderly, Alzheimer’s disease.