Excessive accumulation of fats and other substances is the main cause of cardiovascular disease. They form plaques in the veins and arteries, which severely impede blood circulation.
Doctors call this fat accumulation atherosclerosis. Excess plaque can influence the formation of blood clots that can stop its circulation, leading to heart attacks or strokes. People need to be aware that excess tobacco, alcohol, excess fat in meals, and lack of exercise are quite responsible for the occurrence of cardiovascular disease.
What are these cardiovascular diseases? Diseases of the heart and blood vessels, cardiovascular diseases, include:
- Coronary heart disease is the blood vessels that are affected. The role of these vessels is to nourish the heart, and if they do not work properly, health problems will occur.
- Accidents or cerebrovascular diseases. These problems occur when a problem occurs in the blood vessels that supply the brain.
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: These occur when blood clots that form in the veins of the legs rupture and move to the heart and lungs.
- Rheumatic heart disease. It is manifested by permanent damage to the heart or its valves caused by acute rheumatic fever.
- Peripheral arterial disease: blockage of the arteries that supply blood to the arms and legs.
- Hypertension. If this condition is not treated, the following problems will occur heart attack, heart failure, and even stroke.
- Congenital heart disease: are malformations or disorders of the heart or blood vessels that are present at birth.
To avoid strokes or cardiovascular disease you need to consider the following:
- Diet is one of the main causes of this condition. I recommend eating fruits and vegetables every day, and reducing salt and saturated fats.
- Alcohol is another negative influence on cardiovascular disease
- Regular exercise is very important in preventing these diseases.
- To avoid such problems, I recommend that you try as much as possible to stay at normal body weight because obesity is very harmful.
- Smoking is a bad habit that should be stopped as soon as possible.
- And last but not least, stress will help keep cardiovascular disease at hand.