This therapy is based on natural treatments and has the role of helping to solve problems caused by injury or a type of disability. Physical therapy helps the patient to get involved in their own care. It is based on the fact that movement is the best way to achieve healing.
For example, before a dislocated ankle, the physiotherapist will choose to strengthen the damaged area, through appropriate exercises, instead of using plaster.
Physical therapy prevents, identifies, corrects, and attenuates acute or prolonged movement dysfunctions. Its main objective is to promote health through prevention.
The health benefits of physical therapy and the proper functioning of the body are as follows:
- Its best result is that it helps a lot in relieving pain
- In addition to this very important benefit, it also improves endurance and muscle mobility
- Achieving greater flexibility is another benefit of physical therapy.
- Physical damage will be much more controlled and prevented than before
- Body functions will function at a much better intensity than before
- One of the biggest benefits of physical therapy is obtained in the treatment of tendonitis, knee or meniscus ligaments, fibrillar tears, and ankle sprains.
- Stress will disappear with the application of this technique and a better sense of well-being will be amplified
- The joints will be much better than before
- Prevent injuries when you play sports regularly.
- It can help with better recovery after major surgery
The benefits of physical therapy are also applied to treat problems associated with various systems, such as:
- Musculoskeletal: bones, joints, and soft tissues.
- Neuromuscular: the brain and nervous system.
- Cardiovascular: circulation of the heart and blood.
- Respiratory: trachea, larynx, and lungs.