This type of diet should include only foods that decrease the body’s inflammatory response. We are talking about food in general, not products, and about foods that are as little processed as possible. Experts in the field say that these anti-inflammatory foods are those that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant substances.
These are the following:
- Fresh products.
- Healthy fats.
- Bird meat.
- Anti-inflammatory spices.
- A few mushrooms and fiber.
It also consists in eliminating or reducing as much as possible products that are pro-inflammatory, ie their intake produces an inflammatory response in the body.
People need to know that pro-inflammatory foods are: trans fats, sugar, industrial juices, soft drinks and refined flour. Researchers in the field say that the consumption of this type of food is healthy for everyone, not just for people with autoimmune diseases or inflammation.
I recommend people to add anti-inflammatory foods to their diet because they are very healthy. These are fresh foods, rich in omega-3, antioxidants, rich in fiber and containing anti-inflammatory substances:
- Vegetables and fruits: vegetables with green leaves (spinach, cabbage, broccoli) and red colors (red peppers, tomatoes, beets, etc.), red fruits, grapes (due to their resveratrol content), pineapple, onions, buds.
- Fiber: legumes, tubers, whole carbohydrates (cereals, flour).
- Fat: nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts), seeds (flax, chia), fatty fish (salmon, tuna, anchovies, mackerel), avocado, extra virgin olive oil, olives.
- Protein: fish, chicken, turkey, rabbit, legumes.
- Spices: turmeric, ginger, rosemary, oregano, cloves, nutmeg
- Mushrooms: Reishi, Maitake, Shiitake.
- Other: 85% cocoa or more, green tea, apple cider vinegar.